Registration is from 9:00 – in the upstairs bar
Coaches briefing will be at 9:45 – in the downstairs bar
Tournament begins at 10:00
PLAYERS CODE OF CONDUCT
- Play for the “FUN OF IT”, NOT just to please your parents or coaches.
- Play by the Rules
- Never argue with the referee’s decisions. Let your Captain or Coach ask necessary questions.
- Control your temper.
- Work equally hard for yourself and your team’s performance will improve as will your own.
- Be a good sport Applaud all good play, weather by your team or by opponents.
- Treat all players as you would like to be treated yourself. Don’t interfere with, bully or take unfair advantage of any players.
- Remember that the goals of the game are to improve your game, feel good and have fun. Don’t be show-off or always try to get the most points.
- Co-operation with your coach, team mates and opponents, because without
them you don’t have a game.
PARENTS CODE OF CONDUCT
- Do not force an unwilling child to participate.
- Remember that children are involved in rugby for their enjoyment, not yours.
- Encourage your child to always play by the rules.
- Teach your child honest effort is as important as victory, so that the result of each game is accepted without undue disappointment.
- Turn defeat into victory by helping your child work towards skill improvement and good sportsmanship. Never ridicule or yell at your child for making a mistake or losing a game.
- Remember that children learn best by example. Applaud good play by your team and by members of the opposing team.
- Do not publicly question the referee’s judgement and never his/hers honesty.
- Support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from children’s rugby.